To all current and potential 2009 IMP Camp attendees:
How would you like to get paid to go to IMP Camp? In collaboration with Sermo, an online physician forum, we are looking for some intrepid soul with the fortitude and gumption to take on the arduous role of "Official IMP Camp Blogger" for the upcoming IMP Camp in Seattle, WA from August 14-15th.
Here's the deal:
1. Contest is only open to physicians who will be attending IMP Camp 2009 in Seattle.
2. To enter, submit an article on the general topic, "My Ideal Medical Practice". It can be about the practice that you've always dreamed of but don't know how to achieve, the practice that you already have and how you want to improve it, why you are going to IMP Camp, why you gave up a promising career as an American Idol to become a doctor, or some other interesting angle. We value creativity here.
3. All entries may be posted on the Ideal Medical Practices blog, and may be edited for grammar, spelling and editorial discretion.
4. The winning entry will be selected by Gordon Moore, MD.
5. The winner would become the "Official IMP Camp Blogger" and post 4 to 6 daily updates while attending IMP Camp that will then be published on Sermo. You can either bring your laptop to camp or we will provide you with Internet access. You need to be comfortable using e-mail and be willing to work with a Sermo representative who will give advice/coaching. Obviously, you would need to join Sermo which is free.
6. After IMP Camp is over, you would be expected to check in at Sermo over the next 7 days for follow up and feedback about your experiences.
7. In return for all your talent and hard work, you will receive a $200 Honorarium courtesy of Sermo and eternal fame throughout the blogosphere.
8. E-mail your entry to: glseto (at)mac.com.
9. Entry deadline is midnight, July 31st, 2009.
10. So break out your keyboards and fountain pens and start writing. Good luck!
South Pasadena, CA